Thursday 19 July 2012

Yet more test tiles


 










  
Still making test tiles. I like the slowness of the process, especially over the summer when the studio is quiet and it takes longer for the kiln to be filled and fired. It gives me more thinking time. 







Using a lot of processes adds to the waiting time before I get to see a finished tile, These test tiles have been textured, sprigged, slipped oxided and glazed (try saying that quickly). After glaze firing I may add lustre and more colour before a last firing. And possibly a final addition of found object embellishments as well.   




Here I'm trying something new for me - velvet underglaze painted, sponged and printed straight on to unfired clay. The fired colours should be even brighter under a transparent glaze. 


No comments:

Post a Comment